Monday, July 27, 2009

Favorite Comedian?

I'm really curious to see who people like best.

Colbert is my personal favorite. Not only is he hilarious; he's incredibly quick-witted as well. He seems like he could improvise anything and make it ridiculously funny. (Check out the video below.)

Mitch Hedberg is also very funny. He's got that very unique delivery and crazy imagination. Whether or not most of his material came as a side effect of substance abuse, he's still a great comedian. (I got a post on him too.)

Jon Stewart, like Colbert, seems very intelligent. He just seems like an all around good guy too. He played a big part in Colbert's success, but I still like Colbert's comedy a bit better. Definitely wouldn't mind having a beer with Jon Stewart though.

Seems like the cool thing to do now is hate on Dane Cook, but he's really not that bad. His sense of humor seems a bit immature but you can't deny he's a pretty damn entertaining storyteller. He's also probably the most well known of these six, especially among college students (but I could be wrong?).

Russell Peters is well-known for his f*cking hilarious accent imitations (see here). He's always fun to listen to, but I feel like a lot of his material is really similar and gets old after a while. But that's just me.

I recently discovered Craig Ferguson. He's this Scottish guy who hosts a late night talk show after Letterman, and he never fails to make me laugh. I think the accent plays a big part. He uses a lot of self-deprecating humor, but it's great. You should DEFINITELY check him out if you've never heard of him. You're in for a treat. (Check him out)

Yeah. Let me know what you guys think. Vote!


I guess if your favorite isn't up there, they probably aren't that good.  So suck it.  Unless it's Demetri Martin or George Carlin.  Lots of respect for George Carlin as well.




"Love is a full-length mirror."
-Stephen Colbert

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. russell peters is freaking hilariousssss
    so i guess i vote for him :P

    ReplyDelete